1/23/12

Unanticipated Bliss.

The first week of school is always super exciting and super stressful! I feel like I'm going to forget everything. Everywhere I'm supposed to go, when I'm supposed to be where, what I'm supposed to bring for certain classes. Jeez, worrying is such a hassle!

(To Whom it May Concert - The Civil Wars)

Instead of worrying constantly about things that may go wrong, I wish I could concentrate more on the things that are going right. I think that's going to be one of my new years resolutions. I managed to do a pretty outstanding job of that yesterday. Some of us took a trip down to Evanston to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. I can't remember the last time I felt as content as I did riding the shuttle down there, coffee in hand, with my friends. Not the kind of content that's just satisfied, but the kind of content that is blissfuly ignorant of any sort of negative vibes that disguise themselves along with the positive ones as worries. I felt totally carefree. Once or twice, the thought of my unattempted homework tried to weasel its way back into my head, but I pushed it back out. It could wait until today.

(Awake My Soul - Mumford & Sons)

How ironic. I spend so much time trying to find happiness by trying new things, doing the unexpected, getting rid of useless stuff -- taking all these supposedly "meaningful" actions, when, in fact, truly carefree moments like these can just sneak up out of nowhere. I have no way to explain it, other than by telling you it was just some small amount of time I can be grateful for.

Hoping to see more of those in this much anticipated semester!

(Skip the Charades - Cold War Kids)


By the by, if you haven't yet seen Beauty and the Beast in 3D, I couldn't recommend it more!







No comments:

Post a Comment